This pregnancy was tough on me. I was physically exhausted the entire time and it isn't just because I have 4 other little ones to care for (although I am sure that plays a big part). I had major headaches, problems walking, cramping, etc. I tried really hard to keep up and still be a fun mom, but I know I wasn't. I constantly told my kids things would be better once the baby came, I had long lists of things that needed to be done, I worried that my body was giving out on me. All the while my sweet little baby kicked and grew inside of me, a feeling that is more new to me since this is the first time my placenta wasn't in front.
As the last few months approached things just continued to get worse. I continued to have painful cramping, but not consistent enough to be contractions. They would find something wrong with me and give me medicine and I would have a few days reprieve and something else would happen. On Tuesday the 20th of November I finally went into Labor and Delivery to try and see why I was cramping so badly. It turns out I was very dehydrated and had crystals in my urine- indicating kidney stones breaking up. I believe I finally passed them that day because the cramping finally subsided. Unfortunately I ended up with a bad rash for the next two days.
By Wednesday I was feeling awful again. I had the chills, low grade fever, and was really weak. I spent all of Thanksgiving weekend in bed. I just wanted so bad to have this baby so I could feel better. I wanted to get rid of the excruciating headache and be able to take care of my family again.
I woke Monday morning with the determination to find out what was wrong with me. I had my highest fever yet the night before and was still so incredibly weak, even after being in bed for 4 days! My doctor wanted me to go into Labor & Delivery right away and that is where I spent the next 5 days.
After waiting 2 days for my doctor feel confident that I did indeed have preeclampsia, despite my low blood pressure, I had my beautiful son. Timothy James (TJ) Sant, named after his grandfather's, was born on November 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM weighing 6lbs 7 oz and 19 inches long.
After they broke my water I progressed faster than they expected. My epidural was barely in when I felt a lot of pressure and was in a fair amount of pain. Turns out I didn't have time for my epidural to work all the way because he was ready to come into this world. I had to sit there for about 5 minutes in pain, not pushing (though that is all my body wanted to do), while we waited for my doctor to come. After 1 push he was out and I feel instantly in love. It never ceases to amaze me how strong the spirit is when a baby comes into the world. I know that Heavenly Father helped me bond to him instantly as I wasn't able to hold him much for the next 2 days. I will never forget him lying under the warmer while I laid in the hospital bed staring at him. It was just me and him and I called to him and he moved like he recognized my voice. Tears streamed down my face and I knew that he was now apart of my family and I would always love him.


 |
| I think I have a picture like this with all of our kids. |
 |
| I know I don't look great, but I had been in the hospital for 2 1/2 days at this point. |
 |
| Not sure what to think. |
 |
| Seems like yesterday that Addy was holding the twins. |
 |
| My precious little guy. |
 |
| On our way home. |
7 comments:
What a tender story. I remember feeling so amazed with how strongly I felt the spirit and love, when we had our babies. TJ is so sweet and cute.
You know how some babies are born and they look are alien like and ugly- YOUR BABIES ARE THE CUTEST LITTLE THINGS EVER! Not alien like at all! They look like perfect little dolls! I just want to cuddle with TJ he is so sweet! And I'm dead serious when I say this- how you look like good being as sick as you are is beyond me. =)
Oh my goodness, Camey! You've been through so much. And I disagree, you are positively glowing and lovely in those pictures. You don't even look like you're sick...amazing. And little TJ is just so cute. I really hope you're able to recovery from everything soon and get your energy back! And thank you for all of the wonderful blog comments today :)
Thanks for more pictures! He's so adorable! Even though your body gave you lots of issues, it did one thing right. 1 push - that's fantastic. I wonder who was delivering him from heaven to you. I think the room is full of unseen angels and that's why the spirit is so strong.
Oh his is just too cute! I cannot wait to snuggle and love him. You're still in my prayers, Camey. I'm sorry it's everything has been so difficult.
Welcome baby TJ!
I absolutely agree with Shian. Isn't that a wonderful thing to try to imagine?
Aww Congrats. He is adorable!!! I am sorry your pregnancy was so hard. Mine with Hadley was just horrible too. The sacrifices we made really are amazing. It was good to see you the other day. I am so sorry you are going through so much!! :( I have been thinking lots about you!
Boo for the pregnancy issues but Hooray for TJ! We are so happy to have him in our family. :)
Post a Comment