Monday, December 31, 2012

Summer in Washington

The past 3 years we have driven to Washington in the summer instead of Christmas time. We always do lots of fun things and try to make the most of our short stay. The only down fall is the long, long, long drive.

2011 Trip

7/30/11
Grandpa made a box with a door for them to color on and play in most days.
Spencer writing his own name at age 4 1/2.

We went to my best friend's house to meet her fiance and watch the boat parade on their dock. Jimmie is really nice and great with the kids. He helped Addy pick flowers and then made her a vase out of foil. The kids would talk about Megan and Jimmie for months after.
Isn't the water and mountains beautiful?
Love this picture.
Look at all the candy!
The water is cold!

Megan and I. Best friends since 7th grade. Wish we saw each other and talked more often.


We went to the park by the lake. Addy had to go to the bathroom, but I didn't know if/where there was one, so she had her first experience peeing outside (without much cover I might add).

8/3/11
10 months old.
H- Left
A- Right
Gymnast Addelyn.
Of course Spencer can do it too!
Before we left I let her put her feet in the water.

8/4/11
We practiced our names and numbers.

Addy at 3 years 2 months.
Spencer writing the numbers under mine.

We took lots of pictures.
8/1/12

8/5/12

8/6/12

H: Left
A: Right
8/8/12

H: Left
A: Right

8/9/12



We go to the Children's Museum many times. 

We go the library a few times and read books.
Grandpa took us to the zoo.

We also went to Smurfs(the first of many movies with my mom), visited my friend very good friend Alisa (I look way too big in the pictures to post), and we went to the park and dog pond by her home and waded in the yucky water (pictures are on my phone), and just had a lot of fun hanging out around the house!

5 comments:

shawn said...

Very fun pictures of the kids....but I miss my house!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Nothing beats a cardboard house! I love Haleigh's cute face with her little tongue in the one of the twins in the bright pink over-all dresses!

Shian said...

I remember having box houses. They're so fun. Clif is such a great dad. You can see it in the pictures when he doesn't know they're being taken. All the pictures of you and Megan are fun. I love Spencer's face in the one with the necklace. He's just so handsome. How did you do Addy's hair like that? It was amazing.

Chris and Tara said...

What a fun time you always have. In the first picture on 8/9/12 both of the twins faces looked photoshopped in. I laughed. :)

Deliliah said...

It is always nice to go home. See what I mean about the card board box. I had not seen this post when I wrote that. I can't believe that I am this far behnd. I guess I'v been glued to Downton Abbey too much.