Monday, March 12, 2012

So much for that goal!

I really wanted to try and do one post a day so that I wouldn't get behind, but I can't seem to balance everything. I have been busy doing this:
We have so much stuff!
and this:


With a few lessons from a friend, and some youtube videos I have been teaching myself how to sew and that has been taking up a lot of my extra time. The bibs I made out of fabric that my friend who is teaching me gave me. I traced one of Spencer's old bibs that I liked because it is long and covers most of their clothes. I was really getting into sewing when Spencer tripped over my sewing machine and broke it (the case where the computer is cracked). I then borrowed a friend's machine and the bobbin in it kept getting tangled. So much so, that it ended up putting a hole in my project that was only a buttonhole away from being done...sad day for me. On a positive note I am getting much better at sewing straight and I can thread and use most sewing machines without any trouble.

and of course this:
and this:

5 comments:

shawn said...

These are really cute pictures!

Gordon and Robyn said...

sewing is so addictive.

Sarah Osborne said...

Ooh those turned out nice. Did you get that idea from K-L's craft blog? You have a lot of packing to do with all those kiddos, woman!

Shian said...

You're still working on your goals even if you're not getting a post done every single day. You are posting more frequently too. Your sewing projects look great.

Deliliah said...

I think you have accomplished a whole lot. Makes me tired just looking at all the stuff you have done. When will your machine be fixed?