On December 7th my mom, Clif, and I took the kids to see Santa. Spencer said that this year he was going to sit on his lap, but as soon as we got up there he went and hid. He then became my big brave boy and went and sat next to him, talked to him, and even let Santa touch him! I really was so proud of him, it was a big deal.
Addy on the other hand, decided this year that she would be the scared one and didn't want anything to do with him. This Santa was so nice and good at trying to pose around Addy being scared.
The babies were fine as long as they could have their binkies. The lady wad really nice to let us take pictures(since no one was around) and even had one printed for us for free of the twins. She was talking to my mom and her husband was out of work too and wanted to do something nice. It was really generous of her.
We then went to zoo lights with tickets my mom bought off of groupon. It was really cold, but it was really fun. I enjoyed sharing the experience with my mom, as I always enjoying anytime we are able to spend together. The kids made ornaments and most of the animals were more active than I have ever seen them, especially the tiger. Tigers are my favorite animal and this one was going up on his hind legs. It was almost a little scary, but really quite neat.
 |
| Before going in. Nice and bundled. |
 |
| Spencer is peaking from behind the giraffe. |
 |
| She looks like a stuffed doll here! |
 |
| Daddy is such a good sport! |
 |
| Fun on the slides... |
 |
| ...and off of them! |
 |
| The very awake tiger! |
 |
| Spencer wanted a picture right by the dragon's fire! |
4 comments:
This was so fun! I hope that I'm around to do it again next year. I would like to get you a zoo pass, but with gas prices I'm not sure you could afford to use it. Anyway, it was a fun time...even if it was FREEZING!
I didn't know the zoo had lights or was even open at Christmas time. I hope that your Mom is able to go with you again.
You have been so busy on the blog! I love it.
How cool to see that tiger so awake. I've never been to the zoo when it wasn't summer. I think I might try to go this year for Halloween and Christmas time. Your mom is so sweet to get you groupons. Love her. :)
Post a Comment