We went to Mom and Dad Sant to celebrate the September/October babies on 9/24/11. Before the celebration began we had to have the annual zucchini boat race. We didn't make it up in time to make ours so they made them for us, but I think they jinxed them. Needless, to say our boats didn't do very well.
While we were waiting for everyone to meet at the stream we let the dogs out to swim. I was getting concerned when the current seemed to be pulling them towards the bridge. Clif, as always, said they were fine, but it was really worrying me. It turns out I wasn't the only one worried.
In all seriousness, Addy was crying hysterically and they were both yelling, "Put them in the car!" It was actually sweet for me to see that they cared about them so much.
 |
| Yeah! They are coming out! |
The Zucchini Boat Competitors
 |
| Tara made one for Ruby Dew (on the right) and Gavin's is in her left. |
 |
| The winners of the race is their shaved Zucchini- smart idea for sure! |
 |
| Our every growing family with all our boats. |
Let the races begin. His family is such a good sport about getting in the cold water. For the love of the race, right?
 |
| Clif's muddy legs! |
 |
| Spencer was making sure Papa didn't fall in! |
 |
| Nothing like a nice bath after a hard day of work! |
5 comments:
How fun! You got some great pictures. We left early so I could go to Womens Conference. This year we have another October birthday to celebrate. :)
It made me sad to see the worry in Spencer and Addy's face. I'm glad the dogs were alright and everything turned out fine. Sorry you guys didn't win, but we are glad you came. I thing the irrigation ditch works better than the stream. Hopfully we can do them earlier this year before they turn the water off. I love all your pictures. It is fun to have a reminder of the good times we've had.
I love the bath time buddies.
Spencer and Addy are so sweet! I love them hugging each other. Makes me so excited for Natalee to be big enough to be Ollie's playmate ♥
I love the zuchinni boat races. I'm going to have to come up with a brilliant idea for next year. :)
Post a Comment