Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wheeler Farm



On Saturday we wanted to do something fun with Spencer so we took him to the farm. One of his favorite obsessions right now is farm animals. He loves to read about them, make farm animal sounds, sing "Old McDonald" over and over, and play with his animal puzzles. We thought it would be fun for him to see the animals in real life. It of course was a huge success. We took Spencer to see the roaster(or as he calls it: a do do). This is probably his 4th favorite animal (cow, sheep, and horse being 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) and was very excited to see it. Right when we went up to where the roaster was at, it let out a screeching cook-a-doodle-doo. He was so scared and didn't want to go anywhere near it. Needless to say it was pretty funny. I had a fun day with my family and feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful husband and kids.


Addy enjoying herself in the stroller.

Spencer hanging out on the tractor ride.


Dad and Spencer on an old tractor.


The scary roaster!



Spencer feeding the horses. He also feed some ducks, but I think I accidentally deleted the pictures or something because I can't find them!

4 comments:

Shian said...

We used to go there on field trips. Next time you come up we'll have to take a walk to see more animals than ducks. I'd love to hear him make the sounds.

Deliliah said...

When Tim and I were a newly married we would drive pass Wheeler farm to go see Tony and Dot.It was just an old farm house, set back off the road a ways. It looked like it hadn't been lived in for a while, but on this day someone was there. We decide to stop and ask if it was for sale and how much. The man said that it had been purchased the week before, by some historical fondation and that he was to be the caretaker. They were going to restore it. He asked if we would like to see it. We said yes, so he took us inside. It had been devided into apartments upstairs. It did have the old fireplaces and stairways. I was excited to go see it after it was restored. It took many years because they had to raise money as they did it. Now it is a great place to go.

Chris and Tara said...

I used to love going to Wheeler Farm. I had no idea that Mom and Dad were interested in buying it. That would have been a cool place to grow up. Ü

Nicole said...

its fun to see all your updates! its been awhile since I have looked at anyones blog!