This past week was the YW Basketball Tournament. I originally had volunteered to be the girls coach until I had other commitments that conflicted with their game schedule. My commitments ended just in time for their tournament and in time to step in for Tammy who moved to Centerville. It is probably a good thing because even though I LOVE basketball I learned this week that I know nothing about it! However, the girls know what they are doing and they have improved SO much since the first game that I was able to go to. I was so imprssed with how well they worked together as a team. They even had a lady from another word comment on how she loves to watch our girls plays because they treat each other and the other teammates so well. In fact, I remember that at one of the games the other team scored because our girls were helping one of the girls up from falling. I love the YW. They teach me a lot and I think they are amazing! The best news of all is that they won the Stake Championships and we are now on to Regionals. We will need to practice and learn some of the teachniqual terms that I have no idea about. I think we have a shot at doing really well!
Here are some pictures from the last two games.
7 comments:
That's so exciting! YEAH!!!!
Now that you're done with the YW you should come play with us (the stake sisters) we've got regionals coming up and could use a few more players. We're playing thursday night at 9 this week we're in the overlake gym.
Thats so exciting you guys won!! the pictures of the kids are soo cute!! I havent seen the 2 year old ones yet, soo cute!!
Congratulations on winning the Stake Champs. Good luck in regionals.
What a great compliment from another ward! I wish all young women would treat each other that well.
Hooray to your girls. Ü It was so nice to see you today.
What a good feeling!! Great job... How are you anyway? Oh and were you talking about Tammy A?? What?! I didn't hear that! Call me!
Post a Comment