For Spring Break this year I went up to see my parents. It was my first time traveling with both kids alone. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. The worst part was trying to put the stroller down, keep Spencer next to me, and still hold on to Addy and our carry on luggage! Spencer was great on the way up. He had his two favorite things: his bear, and his show (thanks BJ for letting me borrow your portable dvd player, it was a life saver). Addy slept for like the first 20 minutes and then something must have woken her up and she was pretty fussy and grumpy the rest of the way.
We had a great, fun, and busy week thanks to my mom. She had lots of ideas of things we could do to keep Spencer busy! We were able to do some pretty neat things that I wish we had available to us in Utah.
I sure would like to move back and live closer to my parents. I e-mailed the Washington JATC program that Clif is in to see if they were accepting transfers. The answer was they are, but we may want to be informed that 20% of their apprentices are laid off right now. So there goes that idea!
On Monday we went to the zoo. It was kind of a confusing zoo and we got lost a lot. We saw a lot of sleeping animals and walked for about 3 hours! Spencer loved the Zebras and of course the farm animals. They had a lot of monkeys and gorillas and so forth. My favorite animal was the jaguar!
What's in there?
4 comments:
Great picture of your mom with Spencer.
Your mom looks so young in the picutre with Spencer. Good thing you told me that was her. I would have never known.
That is a great picture of you and Spencer. Amen to everything you said. I just laugh when I think of you holding Addy and Spencer running around. That is the story of my life. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one running after my children :)
That jaguar is cool.
Post a Comment