Sunday, March 22, 2009

Draper Open House




We were able to go to the Draper Open House on January 31st. Spencer was having one of his not so good days and didn't cooperate for us. I wasn't to worried, except for the fact that we were the only ones with young kids at the time and he was been very noisy. He cried and screamed almost the whole way through. When we were done and we walked through to the reception area I could finally feel the spirit. The violin was playing and there were pictures of the temple everywhere and it was a quick reminder to me on how much I love temples and how I appreciate that we have so many so close to us. I had a similar experience going to an Open House when I was little. I didn't cry when I was inside, but I refused to wear the blue slippers. I do not remember it, but I know my mom said I did not want to put them on and so finally they allowed my dad to carry me the whole way through. We also forgot our camera and didn't get a picture to remember the day by :(

After going there I had talked to many people who expressed how pretty it was and because I was so concerned about Spencer I didn't really remember much about the temple or its beauty. Plus, having been to the San Diego temple, my favorite at this point in time, I didn't think it compared in my mind. Then on March 4, I drove some of the YW to go to the Open House. It was a much different experience. I wouldn't trade the experience I had with Spencer and the opportunity to tell him on day that I took him there, but the second time I went I really saw the beauty that everyone talked off. What really matters to me though is the ordiances that go on in the temple, the fact that we can be together with our families forever.

I had fun driving with the YW. The girls teach me just as much as I teach them, if that is anything at all! They are so full of live and love! I hope nothing stands in there to be married in the temple for time and all eternity!

Waiting for the movie to start.

Done and ready to go home.
The temple looked gorgeous at night and it was even snowing when we got out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last two photos! They are gorgeous. :)

Deliliah said...

The Temple is beautiful. I'm glad we got ot see it.

Shian said...

Going to the Bountiful Open House with my young women group in high school had a profound effect on me - so much so that it was my first choice for my wedding. (Unfortunately, they were closed for cleaning when we wanted to get married). I hope it strengthened the testimony of all your girls.

We didn't get any pictures the day we went either, and I even had my camera! Of course, it was in the car, so it was hard to take pictures.

Chris and Tara said...

I'm glad you got to go both times. I'm so bummed that I let this opportunity pass me by. :(

Melissa said...

look at all those gorgeous ladies!!! you have a very important job, dont ever forget that :)