The first weekend in March (7th and 8th) we went up to Logan to celebrate Shian, Tara, and Chris's birthday. We hadn't planned on going as I had baptisms for the dead with my YW and didn't know what time we would be done. We love going to Logan and spending time with family and when we do go we like to spend more than just a day there. We like to spend at least 2 days and 3 if possible. However, as I was leaving I told Clif that if he packed everything while I was gone then we could leave right when I got home.
So we loaded up the car and off we went. Right when we got there we hurried off to go to the temple. Then I realized I didn't have my temple dress (as it is too large) and we didn't have any change to rent one. We went to go and try and buy a new one that fits me, but it was closed. By this time it was almost 8 and we knew we would miss the session. We decided to do a little shopping at Seagull and DownEast while we were already out. We so appreciate being able to go out without our kids, but were equally bummed we never made it to our destination! We haven't been able to go since either due to me being sick! Next weekend we have a babysitter lined up and I am not going to let anything stop me. I love going there so much and see the difference it makes in our family.
On Sunday we were able to go to church with Mom and listen to the great speakers and amazing lessons. I so love her ward and wish we could live closer to our families. Maybe one of these days. Clif's work and school dictates where we live at the moment. We then, with Shian and Gavin, were able to wall to the duck pond- one of Spencer's favorite animal at the moment. He had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave despite the cold.
Later on we were able to have a yummy dinner and celebrate their birthdays. Happy Birthday Shian, Tara, and Chris- I am so glad that I am apart of your family!
4 comments:
The pictures at the pond are so cute and make me so sad. I really miss home.
We miss the family time every Sunday, like right now. :(
We love going to Logan! It looks like you had a great time! :)
I'm glad you came up. We did have fun. Are you coming for Conference weekend? & Easter weekend? Let us know.
That picture of Spencer sitting on Clif's shoulders is absolutely amazing. I love seeing Clif as a dad. You guys are such great parents. Love you.
Post a Comment