Sunday, February 24, 2013

Show-&-Tell



Spencer came home one day and told me he wanted to bring Haleigh and Allyson to show & tell. I guess his friend Andrew brought Cooper and he wanted to show off his sisters too. He didn't want to bring TJ because they had already seen him when I went in to volunteer. Funny enough, they had already seen his sisters a few time as well. Regardless, I was able to work it out that we would bring them and celebrate his birthday on the same day.  I am glad Spencer wanted to bring his sisters because one day when he might not like his sisters so much I can remind him of this day.

It was a crazy day! I took Addy and our carpool to school at 9:00. I came home did some dishes and got everyone dressed, including my make-up (which is a rare things these days).  Then I ran around looking for my wallet, which I could never find. I hurried and grabbed some cash so that I would be able to pick up Spencer's cucpcakes. I dropped Spencer off at school and took the other 3 kids to the local grocery store to pick up the cupcakes I had ordered. On the way I remembered that I may have left my wallet in the grocery cart the night before when I took all 5 kids to the store to get some food for a dinner I was making for someone. That was going to be one expensive service!
When I got to the store I was surprised that I did indeed leave it and someone turned it in. Thankful for that After I got the cupcakes we had a little time before I had to pick up Addy so I got Spencer an Angry Bird Balloon and the twins one to keep them preoccupied. I got Addy and carpool at 11:30,dropped Addy and TJ off and hurried to the school. It took longer than I thought to get the twins out of the car (with the balloons on their hands) and the cupcakes.
When we finally made it into the school I couldn't even bring him his balloon because balloons aren't allowed in the school. Then to top it off I locked my keys in the car and Angie had to come rescue us until I could get someone to unlock my car. It was a long day to say the least. It would be nice to say that these don't happen very often, but with 5 kids days like this are quite common!

Spencer was very cute showing off his sisters. All the kids were cute too; asking what their favorite foods were and other fun questions. Allyson was pretty shy, but Haleigh definitely cheesed it up for them.



 Here he is eating his blue frosting cupcake while doing his work. The cupcakes were blue, yellow, and res frosting for Angry Birds. They were SO yummy!


5 comments:

Gordon and Robyn said...

So cute how proud he is of them! Gosh, he is so grown up!

Gordon and Robyn said...

And I'm so happy someone was honest and returned your wallet. What a major blessing!

Shian said...

I think it's the cutest thing ever that he wanted to take his sisters for show and tell. What a sweetie!

Thank goodness for good, honest people. You are so nice to make dinner for someone else when you just had a baby yourself. Not many people would do that.

Deliliah said...

i'm glad you got your wallet back. So glad their are still honest people in the world. Spencer is so sweet to his sisters. What a credit that he wanted to show them off for show and tell. I hope his day went better than yours. Sound like quite the day.

Chris and Tara said...

That is one of the cutest things ever. I love that he wanted to show off his sisters! What a great big brother. And hooray for getting your wallet back.