Saturday, November 8, 2008

I miss you grandpa!


I know I have recently talked about my grandpa on here, but I can't pass up another time to remember him. Today was the day he died. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I was only 12. I remember when we went in for family prayers my dad telling me that grandma had woken up to him not breathing. We found out that he had suffered a heart attack and if he was to live he would be a vegetable. I never got to say goodbye to him. I never got to hug him or tell him that I loved him. I never got to tell him he was my best friend in the whole world. He was just gone. I always feel the void of not having him in my life. I have long ago accepted his death, but it doesn't make me stop wishing that he was here. It doesn't make me stop hoping that he could know my kids. It just helps me continue on. Grandpa if you were here I would run into your arms and tell you what a great Grandpa you were to me. I would maybe even ask if we would find the gold bug together. I would tell you that I love you and I never want to be apart from you again!

4 comments:

Deliliah said...

Your feelings about your Grandpa are a tribute to him. He must have been kind man.

Shana said...

How sweet! Grandpas are the best!! What a cute post Camey!

Shian said...

Thank goodness for our knowledge of the gospel. We can be with those we love forever!

Kahana said...

That is such a sweet post!! I love the picture as well.