Monday, November 17, 2008

Pictures of our Vacation!

We went to San Diego the end of October. My parents flew in from Washington and met us there. I was sick the night before we left to San Diego and Clif had to pack everything. Then the night before we came home Clif got food poisoning and so then I had to pack everything. It was kind of crazy since I didn't pack to begin with. I wasn't sure if I had everything?? He was so sick though. I felt so bad!

There were so many things to do and not enough time. We were able to go to San Diego Zoo and Sea World. We didn't even have time to go to the beach or anything! It was SO nice to have my parents there with us. It was like being a kid again! I am so glad they were able to take the time and come and be with us. I miss them all the time so it was really nice.






The best part about going to San Diego was going to the temple. My mom and I went through a session together. It is more beautiful than I can put into words. I want to plan a vacation back next year just so I can go there again. I would love for my kids to be able to be married there. There also weren't a lot of people so it was very spiritual, peaceful, and relaxing. I couldn't help, but cry as I walked into the Celestial room.

The worst part was since I wasn't much help packing, Clif forgot our camera charger. There were so many pictures I wanted. My mom was able to take some for us, but I didn't get some of my favorite animals at the zoo and practically none of family. Oh well, at least we got some. At Sea World there was a section that was Sesame Street everything. There were rides that Spencer could go on that were in the shape of Elmo, Oscar, and Abby. He also was able to watch them live and get his picture with Elmo. He was scared at first but got up the never to give both him and Cookie Monster a high five. He was so funny during the show he sat there the whole time with his mouth wide open in a trance. It was great to see him so happy!


6 comments:

shawnee said...

We were so blessed to go on this trip with Camey, Clif, Spencer and Addelyn. I think Spencer liked it the most! He just loved Elmo and trick or treating, except I think his grandmother did most of the treating!

Chris and Tara said...

Glad you had fun. I always forget my camera. Last night we had friends over and I brought my camera downstairs so I would remember to take pictures and I still forgot. So sad.

Deliliah said...

I'm so glad your folks got to meet you there and spend time with the grandchildren. Looks like your vacation was fun.

Shana said...

How fun!! I am jealous. I need a vacation like this! The pics are awesome!! And seriously... the San Diego temple is AMAZING!! I love that temple. I went through it about 5 years ago. It is so beautiful and peaceful. I love it. I am glad you got that opportunity as well!!!

Shian said...

What did Clif's face look like? Did he think it was as great as Spencer did?

Shian said...

What did Clif's face look like? Did he think it was as great as Spencer did?