Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thank You Mom!

Last week was my first week back to school. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I had to go full days. I was nervous about taking my kids full day with their new babysitter so my mom flew out and watched them. Spencer was/is getting 4 teeth in and wasn't the easiest child last week. I appreciate her so much. The cancer she has tires her out and I know it was hard watching them, but it meant the world to Clif and I. We also appreciate her treating us to lunch and dinner and taking care of us as well! Thanks for being a great mom! Here are the flowers she got me for my first day.



It was a hard first week for me because I didn't have the support of my colleague as much as I did last year. Since my great friend Suzie decided to go full-time it was like moving my room again and starting fresh! I was there for a week before for at least 5 hours a day and then the night before school I was up to 1:30. I started to get really frustrated with the girl I am working with, but of course didn't say anything. She is really nice and we work great together. She just has two little ones like me and her husband is gone 5 of the 7 days (he is a pilot). I was trying to be understanding, but on the day before school the class still wasn't done and she left me there. I wanted to cry because what would she have done if I hadn't been committed and stayed? My poor mom had the kids from 6-6 that day (Spencer woke up early)! I also started my period and had to wake up at 6:45 every day when I am used to sleeping in until 8:30. Needless, to say it was a pretty stressful week. However, I think I did a really good job on my classroom and hopefully I will have a great last year! I will take pictures of my classroom and post them this weekend.

I didn't get any pictures of us with my mom because of how busy we are. I feel bad because I always try to capture the time she does have with her grandchildren. I am sorry mom! However, I do have some of us from over the years (notice that in the one with my brother and I on my mom's lap that my brother is holding my baby blanket that I stole for him and still have).

3 comments:

Kahana said...

Thats so great your mom was able to do that for you!! Your mom is so awesome!

Shana said...

What a sweet Mom!!! She is so strong!! Seriously! That is wonderful Camey. What pretty roses too!! She is so nice to always fly out to help you out!! Glad you are liking your babysitter (I talked to Nicole today) and that you are doing good! Can't wait to see the classroom pics!

Chris and Tara said...

That's so sweet of her to come help out. I love that picture of your family on the beach with the refelction. Really pretty.