Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 8th- My grandpa



Today would be my grandpa's birthday. My grandpa was my very best friend. I try not too think of him too hard or I get really sad. Some of the loves we share our for office supplies, music, and then we both like order. My gramps used to cut his steak into even pieces. He was so orderly that he was born on August 8th, married on February 8th and died on November 8th. The funny thing is I have always had a love for numbers. I believe since I was in 5th grade I have hated odd numbers (silly I know). I remember my lucky number was 8 and my best friends at the time was 7. The number eight will always be special to me. I was lucky to receive my patriarchal blessing on November 8th and then was married on January 8th. My son also carries his middle name. I just wanted to take the time to say that I love you grandpa. I wish you and I had been able to have more time together. I will always cherish our letters and I can hardly wait until I can hug you again. Thank you for being such an amazing man. I just recently was able to seal him and my grandma together. I know he was there and I hope he has accepted the gospel. No matter what though I will always love him!

*Just a side note I still have a fascination for numbers. Clif and I both have birthdays on the 17th. Plus, we first said I love you on the 17th. I always find connections in numbers. I know my friend Nicole was saying that everyone wanted to be induced because it was 8-8-08. That would be neat, but it is always a special day for me because of my grandpa.

3 comments:

Shian said...

What a touching tribute to your grandpa. I never met him, but it made me tear up anyway. It must have been really neat to be able to do the sealing work for your own grandparents.

Chris and Tara said...

That is so neat that you got to do the sealing for your grandparents. He looks like such a sweetie.
On a side note, I finished Breaking Dawn so when you are done call me so we can discuss it. Love you.

Shana said...

HOW SWEET and Yes we are sooo much alike Camey. My grandpa was my very best friend too!! What a sweet post and I love the number thing! my friend just had her bday on 08-08-08. That's awesome. :) Love ya!