Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bed rest!

On Saturday Clif, Spencer, and I went up to Logan for the weekend. I had been having mild cramping since Thursday and after cleaning on Saturday it just continued to get worse. I couldn't sleep at all and after going to the bathroom several times and throwing up I convinced myself that it was just gas cramps. After only getting about 15 minutes of sleep at 5:30 in the morning I decided we better go to the hospital. We considered driving back to Tooele, but then decided that if the baby was going to come it would do better at a hospital that has a NICU. We ended up being at the hospital until 1:30 in the afternoon. They determined that I was dilated to a 1 plus and effaced 70%. I also tested positive for pre-term labor though exactly what that means or when is obviously not 100% accurate. Addelyn wasn't in distress or anything so they basically told me to take it easy.They gave me medicine as well to stop the contractions since I am only 32 weeks. I was really bummed that I didn't feel well at all and wasn't able to participate in Robyn's celebration much. I was in a lot of pain not so much from the contractions, but from throwing up.

On Monday I went to school and didn't feel that bad besides my stomach hurting off and on. I then went to see my doctor and he gave me no choice but to be on bed rest. I had planned on finishing out the remainder of the week, but he insisted that that wouldn't be in the babies best interest. It was really hard saying goodbye to my class and I hope that I will have the baby before the end of the year, so that I can at least go back and say hello.

My good friend Nicole has been helping with Spencer and today Shian (Clif's sister) came up as well. I think they are both so sweet to care and think of me. I have never had a sister before and it is so nice to have someone that cares about you.

Tomorrow I find out if I have dilated more and I will also have another stress test. I will keep everyone updated of any significant changes! I am excited to meet Addy, but not quite yet!

2 comments:

Kahana said...

oh wow camey! im glad you and the baby are ok though. its always scary when that happens.

The Buckley's said...

Camey I am so sorry you have to be on bed rest already! Thats kind of scary for you. Hopefully she will be a good baby and stay in there. We have patients that come in, in preterm labor and they end up going fullterm and we have to induce them so hopefully she will behave! I wish we were closer so that I could help you! Good luck!!! Keep us updated.