Have I mentioned before what a great husband and father Clif is?
- He puts his families needs above his own.
- He lets me sleep in when I need to even though he gets up for work really early in the morning.
- He cooks and helps clean.
- He changes diapers.
- He may not be the most romantic, but he has always treated me like a princess.
- He helps me in a way that most husband's only do for their wives on their birthday.
- He likes to show me he loves me by getting me really great (too expensive) gifts on Christmas.
- He loves me despite my weaknesses.
- He tells me he loves often.
- He completes me.
Something that makes me really sad is that we have only a handful of pictures together. (The only pictures we have of each other on our anniversary is our 5th and 7th). Growing up I loved taking pictures and always had some sort of camera, so you would think taking pictures would be important from day one, but somehow we don't. I am guessing it is because I am really critical of myself and probably deleted them because I was breaking out or too "fat" (if only I could be that "fat" now).
Although, I don't have many pictures of Spencer as a newborn so I may have just been in a picture taking slump. Regardless, I really want to make an effort to get more pictures of us together- just the two of us!
Here are the only ones I could find from the past 8 years!
Sometimes (or often in our case) as couples, especially with lots of kids, you don't get much time for just the two of you. Clif and I have only gone out alone a handful of times. I have a hard time leaving my kids, especially newborns with a teenager. Now that I have so many I especially worry. Clif and I often don't even have time to spend when our kids finally get down to bed. We clean up from the day and each unwind and go to bed. It is easy to just go through the motions and kind of forget just how important you are to each other.
In April 2011 Clif got a call through the Union to work 12 hour days in Tremonton. We decided to have him stay at his parent's house (in Wellsville) during the week so he would actually be able to rest and not spend the money he was earning on gas. He called me every night after work to see how I was doing and let me know he was on his way home. One night I noticed it was an hour or so later than when he normally called me. Being the worrier that I am I decided to call and see if he just forgot and was already home. Dad answered and he told me he wasn't there yet, but he had heard that they will have them work long hours. I stopped worrying so much until it began to get really late; they couldn't possibly work them that long could they? To ease my mind I decided to call the office and just make sure that he was there. Well, ease my mind it did not as the man told me that everyone left hours ago. I asked if he was sure and he assured me that no one was left in the building. Well, of course I start to think the worst, that he must be dead on the side of the road and that is why he isn't answering my calls. He must have been tired from working so many hours and fell asleep. Why wouldn't they have called me by now? Maybe he went into a ditch and no one noticed his car. Here I was with 7 month old twins, a 4 and 3 year old and every possible thought raced through my mind. The most important one was how much I loved him and how I didn't want to spend my life without him. I didn't want the life insurance money, I wanted him.
I thought of this story today because Clif and I really do forget to take time for each other, which I feel is so important. I know that even when we don't take the time that we still love each other and that there is no one else I would rather go through this life with. However, if something did happen to him I don't want to regret anything. I want to have pictures of us to look at, dates to remember, kisses to cherish, and time spent just laughing and talking. So for this great year I hope we can do this, no matter what it takes. I love you Clifton Timothy Sant.















7 comments:
So very sweet. You write the sweetest things and I love the pictures, even if you deleted the ones you don't like!:)
Dad says you should have finished your story about the night he didn't return from work.
This made me cry. I need to better at that too.
In the picture that is two down from the one you used for Christmas a few years ago with just Spence and Addy in front of the pine tree, ya in that one. I love your sleek little bob. You guys a cute together. Camey, you are beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)
oh yeah, and Clif you are beautiful too ;)
You have a lot of great pictures of the two of you! We NEVER get out either! I cost too much money to leave 4 kids! Let alone your 5! Happy 8 years to you both!
Happy 8th anniversasry! This post made me get teary-eyed. What a great reminder to cherish out time with our husbands.
I loved all the pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed the evolution of your hairstyles through it all. What a great thing to do.
I'm so glad that Clif has you for his wife. Thanks for loving him and being concerned for him. I would have been scared also if I had been in your place. I'm glad the man at the building didn't know what he was talking about.
Post a Comment