Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not so much snow



In November we would get snow, but it would only stay around for a day. It was always SO cold when it would snow and I never felt like getting all the kids bundled and going out. I really wanted to make a snowman with them, but there never was enough snow around our house to make a good one.

Finally on November 19th is snowed and it looked like enough snow to build a snowman. Now maybe it would have been good snow for a snowman if I hadn't been so slow going to go outside, but I doubt it. Since snow isn't something we got a lot of growing up in Washington (though it has been since I have moved away) I am a complete novice when it comes to building snowmen. I seriously think someone needs to write, "How to Build a Snowman for Dummies," just for me!

I thought that we would get out there and start with a small ball and roll it until it became big enough for the bottom. I figured we would do this for each stage until we had all 3 parts of the body. The snow would not roll though. It turns out the snow really was just powder and even with my best efforts and the kids little efforts an hour later all we had was a flat pancake bottom. Since then we have not had snow stick for more than a couple of hours, so I haven't been able to try it out yet. I am hoping that it is actually possible to roll snow!

Here are some pictures of the kids and I, and our flat pancake. Now try not to laugh at my hat. One would think that a certain someone might tell their wife that her hat is making her look like an elf (but worse) before taking her picture...it really is quite ridiculous!

That is my Elf hat!
Our 1 hour Snowman

Having Fun


My Angel 
Addy's Angel
Cute Snugly Babies
Love how Haleigh can only move her eyes and not her whole head! 

7 comments:

shawn said...

I love these pictures! They are your best posts to date! Love you in your elf hat, it is actually cute on you!

Gordon and Robyn said...

cute pictures! what a great snowman ;)

Heather Palmer said...

I'm pretty sure the snow was the problem not you!

Sarah Osborne said...

I agree, making snowmen is hard! I just love snow pics of kids...you can see pure joy on their faces. And I can tell even in all of your snow gear that you've lost weight! Lookin' gooood!

Shian said...

Could the babies even move? I love how stiff they look. Lol. Some types of snow are better for snowmen than others, but I think you learned that. :)

Deliliah said...

For sure it was the snow. Cute snow angel. More important than the snowman is the time you spent with the children. I know they loved that.

Chris and Tara said...

So when I read the comment about your "elf hat" I scrolled back up and looked at that top picute and thought to myself, she doesn't look like an elf, that is really a cute picture. Then I scrolled back down and saw the real picture, I admit that I giggled. I love it. I feel your pain though about husbands not telling you when you look ridiculous. The kids really do look happy even if the snowman didn't turn out perfect.