Wednesday, February 1, 2012

7 years


Clif have I have been married for 7 (not 6) years now. In 3 short years (I know how quickly they fly by), we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I hope for our 10 year anniversary that we can go on the honeymoon that we never got to go on. It doesn't have to be somewhere exotic, although both of us would love to go to Hawaii. Well that gives us 3 years to save, find a good deal, and find a crazy person willing to take 4 most likely 5 kids for 5-7 days.

I realize now why Clif may have thought it was our 6 year anniversary because while we didn't do much this year, we at least acknowledged it. I think last year we were still in survival mode as I don't remember anything about that day. Not even one memory to recount or a picture to post.  Sad, but true. Sleep deprivation will do that to you. So needless to say with Christmas and everything our anniversary is just another day. I know one year we got horse shoes for each other, and we have yet to play them. Most likely because we don't have the yard to do it in. He really wanted those and I hope one day soon we can use those as a family.

This year I suggested that he use the Christmas card lying out that he forgot to fill out for Christmas. He was sweet and had bought me a Christmas card, but never wrote anything in it. Clif always writes the sweetest notes and they are always all I ever need, especially if he remembers all on his own.
So the morning was filled with me getting last minute things ready for my lesson. We went to church and both of us taught out primary classes that day. I asked Spencer to take some pictures of us because it was our anniversary- "7 years ago we got married."


Then later tonight we spent the time doing silly things together as a family.
I didn't realize how old we looked until I compared this pictures to our wedding pictures. I think it is time we get some pictures taken of the two of us again. Ones where I have had time to do my hair and we aren't in our pajamas!


Clif is a very considerate man. He always puts mine and the kids needs before his own. On a daily basis he does things that I know most men only do for their wives on their birthdays and anniversaries. He works hard for his family and never asks for much in return. With the daily chaos I often forget to thank him for all he does and let him know how much I appreciate him. I am thankful that even through the hard times we have been able to relay on each other.

8 comments:

Shian said...

I'm glad you have each other. You are a good fit. It's looks like you had a fun day even if you didn't go out anywhere special.

I should be up to taking the kids for your 10th anniversary trip.

shawn said...

So sweet. And you look so cute in your pajamas!

shawn said...

So sweet. And you look so cute in your pajamas!

Heather Palmer said...

I never really thought about how close all of our 10 year anniversaries are- holy cow! I loved your wedding dress- How fun was that to get married so close together?

Gordon and Robyn said...

What a sweet post! You two really are great together. Happy anniversary :)

Sarah Osborne said...

Wooo hooo! Congratulations! I still think you guys look very similar to your wedding shots :) Those are some cute PJ pics.

Deliliah said...

I will help take the children while you to go honeymooning. I'm glad you came into clif's and our lives.

Chris and Tara said...

Happy 7 years! You two are cute as can be. I love the family pyramid pictures.