...at least I didn't of this idea until the 7th or 8th! Even though it is now the 21st I am going to go try and hurry and do a small post for each of the days!
I wanted to list a few goals that I have for this year. I know every year people tend to make resolutions and forget them within the next month or so. However, I am always working at being a better person and constantly getting mad at myself for not doing the things I should be doing.Do you ever feel like there is SO much to do, that you just don't want to do any of it? So these are goals that are meant to be broken- they may not be perfected right away, I may not have time for them like I want, and they may not happen right away, but they will be in my mind.
1. Learn to use my sewing machine.
- My friend has already offered to help me with this. I am going to start small. I would like to make some bows, and basic things for my kids. I have pinned a lot of cute things on pinterest that I am dying to try!
2. Become a better cook.
- I have already made more new meals in the last few weeks than I probably did all of last year. I am really enjoying myself. I would enjoy it more if my kids would eat any of the yummy meals I made!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole was my first meal of the year and one of my favorite's so far!
3. Stay more scheduled-with the important things happening first.
-You know the analogy if you fill up a glass of sand (all the non-important things (TV, Facebook, etc.)) then you won't have as much room for the rocks (the important things (scriptures, Ensign, prayer, FHE))?If I can get up and stay on a good schedule throughout the day(maybe make a poster) then we can always make sure we are including those important things first. Another way we are doing this is by going to the temple once a month- making the important things matter (more on this later). Basically more balance.

4. Lose weight and tone!
-I would like to lose another 15-20lbs. I will even be happy with 3 because that is where I was after I had Addy. I also would like to try Insanity, I heard it is great and has great results!
5. Get things in order.
-I love to organize, but lately things (we are running out of room) are not as I would like. So here is to some motivation to organize...hopefully in a new home (more to come on that too).
5 comments:
Very good goals! I hope you complete them all. I know you are working at them!
We have a lot of the same goals :) It will be fun to see at the end of the year if we accomplished them!
You have a great attitude about goals! This is what I got from it. You don't need to give up if you miss a day like so many people do. So long as you are making positive changes over time, you are reaching your goals. You chose some good ones.
I agree with Shian. Some goals we will work on our whole life. Just remember you are a wonderful person right now just as you are.
I just got a sewing machine for my birthday so maybe I will join you in learning to use it. :) It's a great idea to write your goals down. It makes them more concrete. You rock, sister dear.
Post a Comment