Thursday, September 11, 2008

Labor Day

We went camping to Blacksmith Fork Canyon in Hyrum for Labor Day. Clif's family and cousins, aunts, and uncles on his mom side were there and it was a lot of fun. It was hard to camp with a new baby (especially breastfeeding), but I still enjoyed it. We went four-wheeling, played games, ate cookies, and enjoyed each others company. Spencer was a true boy and got all his nice clothes dirty. I decided next time we go camping I am going to buy him so grubs at DI. The best part was we were close to Clif's family house so we got to go home at night, take a shower, and slepe in a nice warm bed. Thank you Mom and Dad for your hospitaltly.
Here are some pictures of the weekend: ( I took a lot form you Robyn, Thanks!)

Me on the way up trying to block the sun with my blanket. Sneaky Clif took a picture of me!

Spencer enjoying a whole bag of chips!

Shian with Spencer. She is such a good babysitter! She let Clif and I go out on the four-wheeler a few times while she stayed back and watched Spencer and Addelyn. She is so sweet and we love her so much!

Robyn and Spencer on our four-wheeler!

Great Grandma Roberts with Addy.
Gavin (Spencer's and Addelyn's cousin) with a bow and arrow that Pa Pa made him.

Spencer and Grandma Lila when we just got there all nice and clean.

Pa Pa and Spencer..so dirty!



Tara- Our Cookie Nazi!

Spencer and I with Rachel and Margaret (Clif's cousins) when it had just stated to rain. They were both so good to help out with the kids as well. They were so fun to be with and I hope we get together more often!

Clif and I took the kids home when it started to rain. I had barely gotten out of the shower and Spencer was just falling asleep and in came everyone! This is a picture (well of my butt) of Dad and Uncle Tony telling stories of college days. They were so funny. Eveeryone was laughing and having a great time!

6 comments:

Shian said...

I've been meaning to organize and clean out my storage unit. When I get around to that, I'll give you some of Gav's old camping clothes. I had the same problem. When I started taking him to All About Kids, they kept asking me if I could bring him in play clothes. I told them he didn't have any. He really didn't. He never wore anything long enough to wear it out and of course, I only bothered to buy him cute clothes. Now that he's old enough to pick his own clothes, he has play clothes. That will save you the hassle of buying some for Spencer.

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

Your so cute. I love the picture of you and Spencer, its priceless. Looks like you guys had fun, I'm sure it was hard though.

Gordon and Robyn said...

Wasn't that so fun listening to Dad and Tony?! They were so funny.

shawnee said...

You are all so lucky to have such a big and loving family. It looks like everyone had a blast!

Kahana said...

How fun!!! Thats the best way to go camping too haha. I dont blame you for wanting to get grubby clothes. I did the same thing with camping and next time ill bring old clothes i dont mind getting filthy!

Nicole said...

I really love the picture with your blanket wraped around your head!!
THanks for being a great friend! I love you!