
Before we could start having activities for the girls, our Bishop wanted us to have a combined activity. Patty (our President) decided to do a Murder Mystery. She had done it a few times before and thought it would be fun.
My advisor and I had a really fun group. Erika (my next-door neighbor), Janessa (Patty's daughter), Andrew (one of my previous 5th grade students), Kade and Danny (who I taught Social Studies in 5th grade as well) were in our group. It was really fun to have kids that I know. The boys would find the clues for us and we would write thm down. In-between finding the clues we had the appitzer, meal,and dessert. During those times we could ask Patty one question (besides who is was of course). Well, we had like two minutes left and Janessa guessed that maybe he killed himself. It made sense because he was depressed and felt like he had no friends, his wife was cheating on him with his bussiness partner, etc.. Danny came up with an expantion of how (since we knew enough of that to kind of guess)....AND WE WON!! I am so competitive so it was so nice to win!! I guess Danny was the first person to figure out how he died in all the times Patty has done this. We had a blast and unfortunately I got so into it that I forgot to take any pictures :(
Next time!
6 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to be with some of your previous students as I know how much you care about them. Sounds like everyone had fun.
That sounds fun! I've always wanted to go to one of those.
Wow that sounds like fun. I miss YW. I will just have to live it through you:)
How cool is that! I think our YW have done that before. Sounds like that would be a really fun activity.
That's awesome. Chris and I are the new activities commmitte pepole in our ward and we are thinking we might do another Mystery for them. Congrats on winning. I would never think of the victim doing the killing. Very clever!
Post a Comment