Thursday, October 4, 2012

Spencer Started Kindergarten

On August 28th Spencer started kindergarten. He was so nervous about going to school and repeatedly told me he didn't want to go and he wasn't going. I was really beginning to worry as his anxiety continued to increase. I prayed and prayed that he would be okay as I hadn't witnessed such anxiety in him before.
We decided to have Clif come with me to take him to school just in case he wouldn't let go of me or acted out. Having his dad come to school, along with a much needed Father's Blessing, calmed him down a lot and he went in with no problems. 
He is such a big boy!
He sticks his hands in his mouth when he is really nervous.

In front of his classroom
Hanging up his backpack.
Sitting in his sit.
Addy came along to support him.
Spencer with his good friend Kylie.
 We lingered for awhile and once we felt he was comfortable we left. I really became emotional then. I had been so worried for so long that it all came pouring out. It also is like kindergarten is the beginning of him really growing up. He isn't at school long, but he does go every day and soon he will be at school all day everyday. As much as I am excited to see him learn and grown- apart of me isn't ready for him to be in the "real" world without his mom. Spencer has such a tender heart, he is a great big brother, and an excellent helper. I sure love him and hope that he and I can always be the best of friends. Spencer thank you for being my son. I am so lucky and grateful to be blessed to raise you.

Spencer now can't wait for school to start. He loves everything about it, especially riding the bus (which he did on the very first day of school). He is already improving so much and is now reading small books.   He has homework every night, which can be tedious, but I love spending the time doing it with him, just the two of us. I volunteer every Monday and have enjoyed getting to see him interact with the other kids and his teacher. He has a great teacher and know that she was the perfect fit for him.

6 comments:

shawn said...

That is a very sweet blog and such a good memory to keep!

Sarah Osborne said...

What a sensitive little soul Spencer has. It makes me want to give him a big hug. He is the biggest sweet heart ever!

Shian said...

Hooray for good teachers! They make all the difference. I love that big kindergarten boy.

Heather Palmer said...

I'm so glad he is doing good at school! It's weird to be on the other side of the school stuff isn't it? It's hard to watch them grow up.

Deliliah said...

It is hard to see them grow up. I'm happy that he likes school and is learning.

Chris and Tara said...

Breaks my heart that he was so anxious. But I'm so grateful that he loves it now.