Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hands and Feet

On Sunday May 8th I read the kids a story from the library that had to do with colors and what colors you will get from mixing them together. The kids and I tried some of the colors. Some worked and others didn't. I guess you have to be real precise or you just get blah. Since we had the paints out I let them paint on their poster boards that they had painted on with Clif  a few weeks before.
While they were painting I decided to have fun and get all of our feet and hand prints. We even did the babies. It was a messy time, but it was fun because I allowed them to be messy without worrying about the mess! Spencer and Clif shared a page and Addy and I shared. Fun to compare all the sizes. Here are the results. I wish the pictures conveyed how small the babies feet really are. They are still so tiny!


5 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

You have inspired me to do this. I'm thinking this is a outside project though...

Deliliah said...

What a treasured memory to have. Fun family time together.

Shian said...

That is SO cute! I taught Gavin about mixing colors by using food dye in his bath. That was one of his favorite things.

Sarah Osborne said...

What a good mom you are! I wish I could comment on your post below this one (is it not possible b/c you don't want to discuss it?). I'll just say this: Though I've never met you in person, I think you are an incredible woman. We all go through trials, and sometimes it feels like it's all coming down at once, but it takes a special person to continually be faithful by reading scriptures and praying everyday. You inspire me!

Chris and Tara said...

What a cute thing to do. I also like Shian's idea about the food coloring in the bath. That would be fun, too.