On Friday, February 18th, we went bowling. I found a deal on-line and it was a good midpoint to our final destionation of Springville. We had never taken the kids bowling before and they had a lot of fun except for when they had to wait for their turn. Clif and I used to go bowling all the time when we were first dating. It was fun to think of those memories and see how bad we had gotten! I miss going on dates with him, we really need it.
They had these nice alligator "slides" they could roll their ball down. Addy wanted to use it as a slide.
Addy did a great job even though she was clueless as to what she was doing! She would hardly pay attention and get a strike. She beat us all both times.
Haleigh wishing she was old enough got bowl.
We stayed the night at a hotel that I got off of Priceline. It wasn't my favorite place we have stayed. Mainly because there was no elevator and we were on the 2nd floor, but it did have yummy free breakfast and the beds were comfy.
The next day we went to Jumpin' Jacks. We had gotten a punch pass over a year ago and hadn't been able to use it, since the one near us went out of business. The next closest location is in Springville, which is why we chose to stay the night there.
These pictures are not the nest of quality, but here they are none the less.
Haleigh got all the picture time on this vacation.
At one point, we couldn't find where they went. Turns out they were behind us reading books from the book fair they had going on! Too funny (well it is now anyway)!Finally, we went to Hollywood Connection. We got a groupon for $5.00 for unlimited rides. This was by far the kids favorite thing to do. They had a roller coaster, merry-go-round, and many other fun rides for the kids to enjoy. We also tried our hand at roller skating, which was an absolute disaster! I took both the kids out and we hardly made it around once. Spencer kept falling and I would have to pull him up while trying to hold Addy with the other hand. Thankfully some sweet 12-14 year old girl came and helped me get Addy off while I took care of Spencer. Then Spencer got lost in the crowd and was screaming my name and while I was trying to get to him I ran into someone and fell over. Needless to say we won't be going roller skating anytime soon.
All in all our staycation was a success. I am glad that we got out and spent the time as a family with no other distractions. I hope we can make this a priority in the year to come. No matter if it is big or small as long as we take the time out to spend it together.
3 comments:
I didn't know you did that. It sounds fun. I loved the kid's bowling shoes. Your roller skating adventure sounds painful. I wouldn't be up for doing that again for a while either :)
What a fabulous idea! Bomb way to save gas money. I stink at roller skating...if I was there with you guys I would have taken my turn falling right along with the rest of you :)
I love the picture of Clif with Haleigh. He looks very handsome. :)
Post a Comment