Friday, July 1, 2011

Spencer Graduated!


On May 19th Spencer's preschool had a graduation. Spencer just loved preschool and he especially loved Miss Annette and Hadley. It was such a pleasure to see him grow and progress throughout the year. He went in knowing a lot already, but he came out knowing even more. He knows his birthday, phone number, and can now write his name, letters, and most of his numbers. He enjoys learning and he loved every day of preschool. Even now when I say something funny or do something silly, he says, "Silly mommy, just like silly Miss. Annette."
After the kids sang and did their nursery rhymes, Miss. Annette read their end of the year interviews.


Here are Spencer's answers:
 My name is Spencer Sant

I was born on February 2nd

My eyes are blue and my hair is brown

My favorite color is green

When I watch TV I like to watch all the shows (which is true).

My favorite song is The Four Men Went Up the Hill (I have no idea what this is)?

My favorite book is The Farmer in the Dell

My favorite food is grilled cheese sandwich

My hero is Buzz Lightyear because he is in Toy Story and I like that show

My favorite thing about preschool is doing centers

When I grow up I want to be a superhero because I'd like to fly.

I am special because I am cute-my mommy tells me.

Spencer and Hadley recited Humpty Dumpty. I can't even express in words how proud of him I was. I really expected him to get up there and just say he was scared, but he didn't! There were more people than when we did the song for Enrichment and he did so well. Of course, he was hiding, but I am so okay with that. He was there doing it along with Hadley and as you can hear at the end of the video, I was so excited for him!


All week Spencer had a constant runny nose and his nose was dry and sore from blowing it all the time. He kept picking at it during the performance. I tried to get his attention to have him put his hands down, but he never saw me. Hopefully he won't be known as the boy who picks his nose in school. :)

  
Here they are singing a song to the book "Brown Bear Brown Bear." He would sing this to me all the time on the way home from preschool. He didn't sing any of the songs during the performances, just watched everyone in the audience. I am a "watcher" too, so I am sure he got that from me.

Spencer with his favorite teacher, Miss. Annette

This picture shows Spencer's personality perfectly. A sweet and very shy boy.

Congratulations Spencer Wencer, we sure do love you so much!

7 comments:

Deliliah said...

Spence did a great job with Humpty Dumpty. Give him hugs from us.

Tiffany said...

Congrats to Spencer! It's so fun AND hard watching them grow up so fast! I'm sorry things have been so rough lately. I hope things get better soon!!! Come up again sometime!! :)

Shian said...

Hooray! I can't believe he's big enough to have preschool graduation. I'll have to ask him to tell me about Humpty Dumpty when I see him next.

Chambrae said...

It was soooo cute! He is such a sweet little guy. I couldn't pick a better friend for Hadley. And hey, if you ever need a break or are having another hard week he and Addy are always welcome here! Kids are always better when they have friends to play with!

Heather Palmer said...

Spencer looks a lot like Clif in some of these pictures! I think it's cute they did a graduation for preschool.

vance and aly said...

Camey, you are such a great mom. I wish that we did more together. Mt boys are way too hyper and so we never go anywhere because I am afraid of them running in different directions. Call me sometime. 801-671-9561 (cell) or home at 435-843-5143.

Chris and Tara said...

What a big boy. I was just looking at the family picture we had taken up Logan Canyon. I can't believe how little Spencer was then. We need to do another one.