Monday, June 13, 2011

My mom's Visit

My mom came out to be with me when the whole ordeal with Haleigh happened since Clif had just started back to work (though he got laid off the next week while at school). As I previously mentioned, I really tried to hold it together, but towards the end was wanting nothing to do with hospitals. In fact, I told my mother I was having my next 2 babies at home! I was so grateful to have her here. She mainly came to be with me through her appointments with the orthopedics and the follow-up x-ray(which I was able to get them to cancel), but she ended up coming with me to other appointments, which was a big help.

While she was here I was able to get some pictures of her and the kids (finally). It is really important to me that if my kids don't get to be with her when they are older, that they will be able to look back on these pictures and remember her. I can tell them about all the fun things she did with them.

Love the kids expressions in these. Sometimes it is hard to get kids to want to take pictures as much as WE want them to!
April 5th
 


Oh sweet Addy...loves her Grandma.

These two are so good. If only Spencer didn't have his fingers in his mouth! Better than his nose, right?

April 8th
 Cute 6 month old babies with my mom.
April 10th. Sunday Pictures

All the girls.

We had an Easter Egg Hunt at our house. Clif and I put candy in the eggs and hid them all the night before. They had so much fun doing it that I think I will make it a yearly tradition. We hid them so good, that we couldn't find 3 of them. Throughout the day we found 2 of them, but with Clif being at school, we couldn't find the last one. I think Clif found the lost egg a few weeks after the fact!




We went to McDonalds and let the kids play in the play area. This is pretty much the only place to go in Tooele. They really enjoy it, especially in the winter when they don't get out much.

Showing off her cast.

I love how their face is turned exactly the same.

Daughter and Mom. A rare picture of us taken together.

The kids showing off their moves.



My mom also played play dough (which I don't always have the patience to do), made puppets, and painted turtles while she was here. I really love to do crafts and preschool activities with them, but often the days get away from me and they get forgotten about. I am glad the kid shave good Grandma's that do fun things with them.




 She also got them the cute pjs they are wearing.



On April 5th she got to see Spencer's first soccer game. It was pretty cold, so she mostly watched it from the van with the babies. He was so cute, every time his team would make a goal, he would turn to me with the saddest face and come crying. He wanted a goal so bad and didn't understand that at least his team was winning. My mom told me that it is just as important to kick the ball as make the goal, which is absolutely true.

Here he is practicing.

 The kids with Coach Tanner.

Slowly walking to where he is supposed to be.

I noticed my mom and Addy in the background of one of the pictures, so I cropped it. I don't often get candid pictures because of our short time frame together. I just love it!


6 comments:

vance and aly said...

It was nice seeing you at soccer. You look so good. We really do need to get together. We could even go to McDonalds. hehe

Ashlee said...

You are so cute! I am so glad your mom was able to come help you and spend time with your cute kiddos. Looks like things are going well. You should shoot me an email when you have a sec. We need to get together.

Heather Palmer said...

I'm glad you were able to get some pictures of your mom with the kids. She really is so pretty- tell her I'm not just saying that. =) When did she come to visit? Was it recently or back in April?

Shian said...

Tell Spencer and Addy that their "moves" are awesome!

Sarah Osborne said...

Bah, I want to squish those little twinners' cheeks!! Isn't it wonderful when moms come to visit? I only have 1 little kiddo and it seems like I'm getting tons of help. I agree with Heather, your mom is really pretty. And I LOVE the picture of you and Addy! You both look adorable.

Chris and Tara said...

I'm so glad your mom came out to visit. What fun for the kids. I love the picture of you and Addy and the Sunday picture of all you girls. I must say that your Sunday picture tradition is one of my favorite things you do. Such a fun idea. I might steal it someday. :) And I agree with Shian, the kids moves are awesome.