Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Love being a Mom!

Last week during winter break I was able to do enjoy being a mom. The whole week I noticed that I was a lot less irritable and much more patient. It was so nice not to fill rushed in the morning or feel like I had to be some where. I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home and I am thankful to be able to do that this coming year. I love teaching, but being a mom is for me. Spencer and I had a great time together. It was very hard for me to go back to work on Monday and I had a pit in my stomach all day. Only about 90 more days left. I think I can do it!
Here are some of the fun things we did while I was home:

Monday: We had no food in the house since we just got back from Washington late Sunday night. I decided to make some Mickey Mouse waffles. I also spent the day reading with Spencer and we didn't go anywhere or do anything. It was great! I made him grilled cheese for lunch. He didn't really eat either the waffles or sandwich because he was still feeling a little down from having such a high fever. I was just happy to be home to make it for him.

I had time to actually feed her some food while brother was taking a nap.


Tuesday: I took Spencer to story time at Purple Cow. They read Corduroy and he made his own little bear. There were some really nice girls there and it was a fun play date. I also took him to play at McDonalds on the toys. He makes friends really easily. He especially like the olde kids and playing with the basketball.

At night he was running around and hit his nose on the coffee table. It was bleeding bad, but he still wanted to take a picture with his sister. (I was taking one of her and he came and put his head next to hers).

Wednesday: I met my friend BJ at the library for story time. We only made it to the end (which is his favorite part) and he was able to do Ring Around the Rosie and dance to "The More We Get Together." I really need to download that song because he loves it so much. He enjoyed playing with BJ's son Isaac as well. They are good buds! They need to get togeth more often! It has been too long.
I also made cookies (my dad's yummy recipe) for our New Years Eve Party that night.
Yummy cookie dough!

Thursday: Clif was home so we decided to take them to the Children's Museum. It was a fun experience as always. Addelyn was able to "crawl" around and Spencer was really into the make belive and kitchen area this time. I need to get him some food for his kitchen because he really enjoyed that! Spencer has been acting up a lot lately- especially when he was tired- so it was kind of hetic at Applebees. He didn't even eat that much spahetti and that is his favorite meal!
Fun toys for me too!
What's in there Dad?

Look at me Go!
I sure am hungry!

That's what I am talking about!
Here he is ready to go home.

Friday: I went over to the church and helped Nicole with her bullention board while Spencer played with Abi. He loves the nursery toys and had a great time playing with Abi. He hardly ever sees her anymore and it was nice to allow them that time together.

Best Friends!


My tired kids after a LONG and FUN week!

4 comments:

shawnee said...

Since you were three or four you wanted to be a mom and all your life time goals were directed toward that goal and so I'm so glad that it makes you so happy!

Chris and Tara said...

I love all the pictures. I'm so glad you love being a mom.
I just realized that I forgot to ask how Washington was, but now I'm about to read all about it. Ü

Shian said...

I always tell people being a mom is the greatest job in the world. There are definitely hard times, but you get that in any job. Nothing else could possibly be so fulfilling and fun. I'm excited for you to get to stay home. I really enjoy being home so much more.

Shana said...

You are like me... always wanting to keep busy. It will be so nice for you to be able to stay home!! :) I am happy for you. It really is the best thing ever to be able to stay home and be a mom!! I am sure your students will miss you though! :) Your kids are getting so big and they are just adorable.