There are so many fun traditions and things to do with your kids that I am sure we will be changing them each year. This year is was really important that my kids understood the true meaning of Christmas and we talked about our Savior's birth lot. My mom got them Little People manger and Mortimer's Christmas Manager to open on Christmas Eve for their scavenger hunt (more on that later). We each gave Jesus a gift (something we would work on for the next year) and read the story before going to bed. I have read Mortimer's Christmas Manger before, but sitting there with my kids, thinking about that special night, I couldn't keep the tears from coming (even Clif had tears). It was a very special moment and one I plan to continue each year.
What we did do was take baths and lots of pictures!
| Addelyn's candy cane hair. |
We gave the reindeer their food. It was cold, so the food didn't go much father than the rug!
We attempted to get pictures with everyone in their pajamas. The girls aren't as cooperative as they were before they could crawl and walk!
| Spencer never likes the noise. |
| Addy is trying so hard to bring them back. |
| Better make the most of it and laugh! |
Almost forgot the cookies...
Santa came late...Goodnight and Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
Mortimer's Christmas Manger always makes me cry too. The first time I read it, it bothered me when he kept dragging the people out. By the time I got to the end, I understood. It's one of my favorites.
It looks like you had a fun Christmas even if it didn't go as planned. I have to remind myself every year that every little thing doesn't have to be perfect. Most of the time, it's the imperfect things that kids really remember any way.
I always like looking at the lights too. I'll have to try the Mortimer's Christmas Manger story...I've never read it! Isn't it crazy that we now have to come up with our traditions now?? It's exciting :)
What a precious picture of Allyson and Haliegh sleeping! And you get so see such preciousness every night!
I love that book too :)
I love the picture of the twins sleeping and the one where they are leaning over the rail on the bunk bed. It is fun to start your own family traditions. The kids look so cute in their pjs.
I've never heard of Mortimer's Christmas manger. I'll have to look that one up. I love the pj's they got. You have the sweetest kiddos. :)
Post a Comment