I came across this picture the other day....
but this is what really gets me. They were so so little...I wish I could have paused this time for a little longer.
Haleigh: 13.6lbs <5%
24 in. <5%
Allyson: 15.2 lbs 5%
24 1/4 in. <5%
This was the first time they weren't the exact same height, though 1/4 of an inch isn't a very big difference. Both of their heads measured at 43 1/2cm (30%), which surprised me because I always thought Allyson's was bigger. I decided to measure and I got 43cm for Haleigh and 44 for Allyson and I am guessing she does at better job at accuracy than me, so they probably are the same, if not really close.
At 9 months Addy weighed 17.2lbs and was 26in. and she has always been such a small little girl. So it will be interesting to see if they will eventually catch-up to her or if they are always going to be small. While I was looking up Addy's information it was funny because a lot of what I wrote about her pertained to Allyson. I was writing about how Spencer at this age was already crawling and moving along edges. Then I said, " I am not really worried, but am hoping she will start to get moving soon. She definitely likes to do things at her own pace. She rolls everywhere and gets into the crawling position, but usually just scoots backwards. She also can stand for a few minutes, but doesn't really enjoy holding onto to other objects. She has a really happy personality and shakes her head at things she doesn't like."
Haeligh started crawling at 9 1/2 months, but Allyson on the other hand would either roll everywhere or crawl backwards. She would often end up under the couch or bed (poor girl)! Allyson also started shaking her head at 9 months as well.Clif and I were even saying it reminded us of Addy and then I saw that post. Allyson also always tends to shaker her head at the perfect time. "It's time for bed kiddos." Then she would shake her head. (As Clif just said, pretty much anything you could answer with yes or no.) She sure is a funny one that girl is! At about 10 months Haleigh started shaking her head as well. the only difference is she also shakes it when she doesn't want certain foods or is done.
Haleigh rolled and crawled first and has been dubbed the "walker." While Allyson said mamma first, babbles a lot, and has been dubbed the "talker." Allyson is also much more social in public, she always will smile back if someone talks to her while Haleigh is a little more hesitant. They both are normal babies with the typical good and bad days. Allyson was always much more needy of my attention, but Haleigh got pretty sick and I had to hold her for a few days. Allyson would never have allowed that before, but did really well and now Haleigh prefers me over her daddy. They also both got their bottom 2 teeth towards the end of July (I can't tell the exact date because one of my picture folders got deleted by accident...such a sad day for me). They now have their top 2 front teeth coming in and a few side ones on the way. Allyson's 1 top tooth has popped through and it doesn't look very comfortable!
One of the most common questions I get is how do you tell them apart? I always tell them ways that other people can tell them apart. Allyson is a little bigger, had more hair and had purple earrings. Haleigh is smaller, less hair, and wears pink earrings. I then of course explain, that their different personalities and just being their mom is how I tell them apart. It will be interesting to see if there will ever come a day where they will trick me. I really doubt it though since I could tell my best friend's (twins) voices apart on the phone.
My favorite thing to do with them is play patty cake and when they will lay on my chest and cuddle. All of my kids are so special to me and the twins are no different. They came to our family during such a hard time in our lives and blessed this family with their spirits. They truly make our family complete. (Even if it isn't quite completed yet).
Allyson: Curious one.

Haleigh: Loves to stick out her tongue.

6 comments:
They are so cute. Even though they look alike, I still see Addy in Haleigh (Sant Family) and you in Allyson (White Family). All your children seems to go slightly one way or another with their looks. It will be interesting to see if they change as they grow. I think Addy is exactly the same!
The pictures of the twins are adorable though.
I agree with Shawn. When did you move them to the crib? Are they still in your room or have they moved to the big kids room? I love Allyson in the pink and green plaid hat, and the first picture of Haleigh with the big smile. I can't wait to see their top teeth.
What a great post! I feel like I have missed so much with them :( Hope to see you all soon!
Holy precious!!! They were so stinking tiny! They still are though :) They have such beautiful smiles.
Loved this update. Haleigh sticking her tongue out is about the cutest thing ever. Can't wait to see you this weekend. :)
They are so much fun! I love watching them grow and see what is the same and what is different. They are equally cute though :)
Post a Comment