Let's see how much I can get done before the twins wake up again. I think there are going to be like 10 parts!

In July 09 the kids took swimming lessons. Spencer and I did the mommy and me class at the outdoor pool last summer(The orginal instructor was gone on maternity leave and her sub didn't know what she was doing. A girl from my ward and I basically would say what to do next. She had taken it before and knew what the other girl did during the lesson. It was still a good experience for him and helped him get used to the water).This time Spencer was enrolled into the indoor pool preschool class and Clif was going to the daddy/mommy and me with Addy. Spencer did not want to get in by himself and he especially didn't like that it wasn't a girl teacher. I wasn't impressed with their techniques to try and get him involved. I myself was a swim teacher and no how difficult it can be when a child doesn't want to get in, but ignoring him isn't going to help. SO despite me really not wanting to get in a bathing suit while pregnant, I enrolled into the mommy and me as well. It was actually a really fun family experience. Spencer mostly went with his dad and Addy with me. Despite the fact that Spencer took this class the summer before, the indoor pool lessons was much more structured and he was able to learn more and even can float on his back by himself for a few seconds. Addy just loved getting in the water and was willing to try new things, but didn't like it when I put her all the way under. She also learned to love showers and wanted to stay in forever after lessons were over.
Since we were both in the water, I don't have any pictures, but since I never blogged about his lessons last year I will put those on here.
 |
| Spencer getting out to jump. His teacher is on the left. |
 |
| Yeah, look at me! |
 |
| It is hard to believe that he was the same age as Addy here. |
 |
| This is what Addy did while we same. A good friend of mine watched her for me. |
4 comments:
Camey, I need to come and see you and those babies!!
WHEN CAN I!? ;)
Cute pictures of swimming!! I used to always put my kids in lessons too but when I realized that they weren't teaching anything that I can't, I decided against it and they are amazing swimmers. I am glad you had fun doing it! :)
Hi Camey
I can totally see Addy being all for the swimming. :)
I'm so impressed you got some blogging done. As soon as we're done moving I want to come see the twins again. We love you.
Addy and Spencer have grown up. Addy doesn't even have all her teeth in that picture. I'm hoping to see more pictures of the babies. Hope you are getting along alright.
Post a Comment