Monday, June 18, 2012

Valentines Day Fun

I always want to be a fun holiday mom, but I often forget about doing anything until the last minute. This year I decided to really make an effort and show my kids how much they mean to me.

 This year I decided to have the kids make their Valentines. I ended up doing most of the work and they took way longer than I anticipated, but hopefully it was still a good memory for the kids. They both wrote their name on all 16 of them, which was great practice for Addy especially.

The kids and I colored, glittered, (and I), cut Addy's valentines to make cute butterflies.

Spencer valentines took a lot of cutting, punching holes, and a glue gun. I think they are cute super-heros though!

The Valentine Elf remembered to come and brought the kids pjs and a little extra something. 

Then mom,not having thought ahead, came up with this last minute "I love you" breakfast. Egos with red skittles, heart shaped syrup, and strawberry milk.


I was able to put a cute heart in Addy's hair and dress all the kids in festive clothing!

I would say by the babies' expressions, they had a great day!

5 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Look at you super mom- The valentines look fantastic!

Sarah Osborne said...

You are so fun! I definitely want to do stuff like this for my kiddos as they get older. Your breakfast turned out really cute....nicely done for not having planned ahead!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Those valentines are too cute! I really need to be more like you. I am realizing how much I subconsciously think Ollie is still a baby and not big enough to do big boy things. I need to get with the program and do fun big boy things.

Really cute! I will probably want to copy those hero valentines next year :)

Shian said...

Love you all! You're such a cute mom. I need to get back into doing stuff like that. I was terrible this year. Poor Gav had to remind me. The night before the valentines party found us at the store at 9 pm buying cards then staying up really late tearing them apart, writing on them and using the little stickers to close them. Not one of my shining mom moments.

Chris and Tara said...

Those superheros suckers are so adorable. Ive never seen those before. What a fun valentines day. I want to be one of your kids. :)