Saturday, August 20, 2011

Addy's Summer Performance

Addy had the opportunity (thanks mom) to take ballet at Dancer's Edge this summer. Since we signed her up a few months before it stated she was very excited for it to start!

06-08-11 First Class
She had a great teacher who I just love and was wonderful with her and all the other little girls. You don't get to stay to watch them, but from the little I could see through the window she was always listening and having fun! 

06-15-11 2nd class and enjoying her treat!


I tried many times to get her to show me her dance that she was learning. Every once in awhile she would show me something, but for the most part it was little duck feet (1st position) with a pile' and big duck feet (2nd position) with pile'. So needless to say I was very excited for her performance on Thursday, August 18th. I completely love having her in ballet. I loved dancing, but was never a natural at it(mainly due to my hearing loss and not being able to hear the beat very well). However, it is still something that I enjoy watching so much, especially having my own daughter experience it. Unfortunately, for me she isn't going to take ballet anymore. She loved watching her brother do gymnastics so much that she will now be taking gymnastics with him. She is such a flexible girl and will great at gymnastics, but I will miss seeing her dance.

These girls were too cute. I wasn't in a position to get all the girls, but I did get my little one! The reason I am laughing is the teacher kept trying to get them to turn over (towards the end) and they just stayed where they were. I wish they would have let them do it one more time so we could have seen the whole dance, but that is okay, it was still very fun to watch. (She is watching the girls a lot because she missed 2 weeks of practices while we were in Washington).



 Getting ready to go on stage
 Lining up in her spot.


 Good-bye dance! So long, farewell!

5 comments:

shawn said...

Little girls grow up so fast..sad!

Sarah Osborne said...

Okay, she seriously looks soooo much like Spencer in this post! I didn't know you had hearing loss. How severe is it? I was under the assumption that you were a cheerleader with Kari-Lynn in high school.

Deliliah said...

Addy was so cute in the dance. The way she watch to see what the others were doing. I loved the cute way she ran off and the end of the dance.

Chris and Tara said...

What fun. I laughed when she started moving her hips. What a cutie.

shawn said...

For the record, Camey was a cheerleader at the same school as Kari-Lynn. Kari-Lynn graduated and the next year Camey was cheering. I have so many great pictures of my cheerleader. I must have missed something because Addy wasn't cheering????