On February 2nd Spencer turned 4. I can't believe I have a 4 year old! He has grown-up so much in the last year, especially the last 6 months. I still remember them placing him in my arms, is was the most amazing feeling. I am so grateful to have the opprotunity to raise him.
He says the funniest things, as I know most kids do. I often call my mom to tell her what he has said, but I forget to write it down myself. I do remember when Clif was putting him to bed awhile ago, he asked for me to come see him. Clif told him I was feeding the babies and couldn't. Spencer's reply, "Well, tell mom to takes the babies off her boob and come up here." (I promise I didn't teach him to talk that way). I am a lot more conscious of what I say when I hear, "What the heck and Gosh Dang!" come out of his mouth. Oops on my part! Spencer is very aware of people's feelings, he has such a tender heart. I remember when he was very little, maybe 6-9 months and I would pretend to cry, he would bust out crying too...such empathy! I see so much of myself in him and it is fun to watch him grow.
Spencer is:
-Sensitive
-A good brother
-Happy
-Funny- talks in 3rd person all the time, "Spencer is tired."
-A good translator- "Can you tell us what Addy just said."
Spencer loves:
-Preschool
-Babies
-Robots (Wall-E shirt)
-Addy
-Mommy
-Daddy
-Playing with his leapster
-Toy Story
-Drawing pictures for mommy
-Singing (especially alaphbet song)
-Playing with friends
-Reading books
- Family Home Evening- epecially talent time
Spencer knows:
-How to write his name & most capital letters
-His alpahbet sounds
-How to put mixed up letters back in order
-Count to thirty

7 comments:
One my favorite recent Spencer quotes is, "That's not Daddy's beard, that's his fur!" :) Still makes me laugh. He is such a super smart barely four year old! Oh, that reminded me of another funny thing he said. When I saw him three days after his birthday and asked how old he was, he said, "Four, but I'm almost five." He looks a lot like you in that picture.
It is just nuts that he is already 4. I love the new picture on your header. Such cute kiddos!!!
Aw, happy birthday to your handsome little man! I can't help but think that he's going to be such a lady killer with 3 sisters to teach him the ways of women! :)
What a sweet little guy
Spencer is so cute! Four is the funnest age ever! I love it when kids talk in third person. So funny! We still need to get our boys together.
He's such a cutie. I love that comment about you feeding the twins. Hilarious! I love that boy!
Two cool grown up guys in their sunglasses. I'm glad you take the time to notice and write down the many new things that he can do. Yesterday when that man came to your house and he asked me my name, I said it was Deliliah and Spence looked at me like I was crazy and said "No it's not, It's Grandma Lila." So cute.
Post a Comment