So here is better late than never- Christmas 2009!
The kids and I, and all are things, went to stay at my parents for about 3 weeks.
As tradition goes, the kids each opened up a gift on Christmas Eve. According to the dates on my pictures, we celebrated Christmas Eve on the 23rd and Christmas Day on the 24th. (I really thought I was there Christmas day, but see what I remember).
Cutest smile!
Yeah! A train set!
My very own doll!
Making a bed for my doll.
Oh no! Maybe we shouldn't suffocate her!
Playing trains and having fun imagining!
It was nice to spend Christmas together with my parents. It was sad not having Clif there, but he couldn't take 3 weeks off to come and be with us. I really hope my kids don't move away from me, like I did. My mom is my very best friend and being away from her is one of the hardest things ever. I don't feel complete without her. If it were up to me we would be next door neighbors.
Addy opening up a set of books. They still have me read these books ALL the time.
A big hit in our family.
One of Spencer's favorite books as well.
My beautiful mom.
What a silly boy.
I don't remember much else of what anyone got that year or what I gave, but I do remember having a fun time spending it with my family. We of course went to the museum several times while we were there. The kids always love going there and I enjoy watching them have so much fun. I posted a lot of the pictures in another one of my posts, but here are a few more.
Addy, my future doctor.
Making his own play dough.
Best Friends forever
Addy wearing my apron from when I was little.
Their aprons were too big for her.
It wouldn't be Christmas without a visit to Santa.
Notice who is brave enough to sit on Santa's lap!
And for the grand finale, my mom getting her groove on!
(You can hear my kids cute little voices in the background as well).
Here is Christmas at our house. Santa brought Addy a push toy, Spencer a train table, and they both got the tent. The tent ended up being really cheap, so we exchanged it for another one that they still love to play in. We told Spencer we had to send it back to Santa's Workshop, at least he didn't know what Walmart was back then. The difference of 2009 compared to 2010 with the kids was Spencer was excited the whole entire month of December. I think in 2009 he was just starting to understand and get excited when Christmas came. Addy also was still so little and my what a difference a year makes. Spencer's enthusiasm made her just as excited!
Santa Came!
I really want to know what is in the box on the couch.
I love how he was so excited.
Vroom!
A gift from Grandma & Grandpa White
Don't you love the mop on her head!
Addy on Tara's big bean bag/love sack.
I love this dress on her.
One of the first times Spencer did a puzzle. Tara is to blame for his love of puzzles!
5 comments:
I love all your photos and narratives....all of them on the blog. I'll hold comment about my dancing or whatever, as I can't view it on the Ipad. Your journaling is lovely and your testimony to your children was beautiful. I was very thankful and appreciative that Heavenly Father allowed you to be my daughter and was very touched with emotion as I viewed the pictures on the blog and read the commentary about your own family. It was humbling to see the circle of life continue.
I loved that little dress too! I didn't even remember that we went to Tara's. I'm going to havae to look that up.
I'm thankful for such a lovely Daughter-in-law who loves our Grandchildren. Thanks for posting and letting us share in your adventure.
Those pictures at my house were from Christmas time 2009. I know because we weren't in that house this year for Christmas. :) Are you're other pictures from '09 or '10?
I meant " your" not "you're".
Post a Comment