Thursday, December 23, 2010

Halloween Time

I did my first big venture out with the kids by myself on October 22nd. I bundled the babies up and took the kids to the school carnival. We were later than I wanted because Spencer was refusing to put on his doggy whiskers! It was really fun for them and good for me to get out and see some of the teachers I used to work with. The kids were really good for me and stayed next to me the entire time. They played games won prizes, rode on a train, ate cotton candy and pizza, and got a shaped balloon.

They both picked out their own costumes.

On the 29th we took the kids to the Trunk or Treat. I am really glad we did, since on Halloween it rained and they only got to go to a few houses. I took them around and they were both really shy at first. Spencer finally started saying trick or treat, but Addy was stuck to my side the entire time. Last year she was so outgoing and would push her way to the front to say trick or treat...it is funny what a difference a year makes in their personality. Then of course on Halloween they went out for a little bit and they came in as wet as wet as ever. Spencer also got to dress-up for preschool. I think next year we will try to do some variety since he ended up wearing it 4 times. At least he got good use out of it though!




Spencer showing Addy their pumpkins lit up on Halloween Night.

4 comments:

Shian said...

They are so cute in their little costumes! I missed seeing them all dressed up.

Gordon and Robyn said...

Their costumes are really cute! I think it is awesome that he got to wear his 4 times. Much better than spending all the money for a one timer! It's perfect that their costumes looked warm too :)
I missed seeing them all dressed up too!

Deliliah said...

I love them in their costumes. They are warm and cozy. I missed seeing them at our Halloween dinner. I know you were kind of busy. I hope you can make it next year.

Chris and Tara said...

Impressive work going out on your own. Good job. I agree win everyone- their costumes are so cute. It's fun to see their personality come through in the choices they made. Four times to wear his costume sounds awesome to me. Maybe next year he can wear it five times and I'll get to see it. That is, if we both make it to Halloween dinner. Fingers crossed ...