Monday, March 29, 2010

Update on Our Twins

Today I had my appointment with my new Dr. at the U of U, which by the way is hard to find. My new Dr. was very friendly, and also very young (my age), but Clif and I are both very pleased with him.

They don't have ultrasounds in their rooms, so I was worried that I was not going to be able to find out today. However, luck was with us and they were able to fit us in! It was a really neat experience because they have a tv screen up above you, which made it much easier to see the babies. My first thought when I saw my babies was, "There really is two!" I know that sounds silly, but some times it is hard to really believe that I have two babies growing in me. I have kind of not allowed myself to get too excited about having twins, because I didn't want to be devestated if something happened. However, when I first saw them, nothing could have kept me from feeling excitement and so much love for them already.
Then the best news came, and that was that there is indeed a thin membrane there. I could even see it!

I feel SO, SO blessed. I have been praying for God's will and not mine. Of course, we still prayed for them to have their own sac, but at the same time, be able to trust that everything will work out how it is supposed to. My sister-in-law started a fast for our family, and my family was able to be apart of it too. It meant so much to Clif and I. I really felt the love of our families and we are once again so blessed. The power of prayer and fasting is really strong and it truly makes a difference. I know it did for us.

Baby A is 2.59cm and heartbeat is at 171 bpm.
Baby B is 2.39cm and heartbeat is at 175 bpm.







7 comments:

Deliliah said...

I am so thankful our prayers have been answered. They will each have their own little environment to grow in. They are so cute. It is amazing that they do look like a baby at so few weeks old.

Heather Palmer said...

LOL- I said the same thing when I saw the picture- there really is two babies in there!! You can even see their little baby shape- ahh so exciting! I can't tell you how happy things are going this well for you so far!

Sarah Osborne said...

I am SO happy for you Camey. I can't wait to find out what you're having! Thanks for the update, it's so fun to hear about things like this :)

Nicole said...

So I finally got around to looking at blogs! I love being able to see the ultrasound pictures!! I am so excited for you and Clif!
I know you will continue to be blessed!

Chris and Tara said...

I'm sooo happy! What a blessing.

kaitlyn said...

i'll be honest... i didn't believe you either until i saw the pictures. jk. kind of. CRAZY! i am glad that there are two sacs and that things will progress relatively okay. are you ready for this?!?!?! you are so brave!

Shian said...

They're so cute!