Monday, January 11, 2010

An Article A Day


I have been reading an article from the Ensign each day (thanks to my friend's challenge). I started last Monday and have already noticed how much it helps me get through the day. Though the principles are those that I know, I often forget to apply them. I often forget to be the person I know I can be.
This has been such a blessing in my life and I hope to continue it for years to come.

 On Saturday I read a great article by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf called, Happiness, Your Heritage.
I think every women should read this article. It talks about how we as women 'undervalue our abilities-they focus on what is lacking or imperfect rather than what has been accomplished and who they really are."
Then it goes on to give suggestions on how we can improve feeling like this. I wanted to share two of my favorite parts.

"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, trust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."

"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers."

I hope that I can remember these things as I go throughout my day. I truly want to be more like my Savior. I know I have a long way to go, but I also know that one step at a time will get me closer.

2 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I'm looking this article up. Thanks for the tip!

Shian said...

I liked that article too. I think we, as women, do beat ourselves up too much. It's nice to hear an apostle remind us that we are precious to our Father in Heaven.