Spencer and Addy have been going to the dentist (Southridge Pediatric Dentistry) since he was 3 she was 18 months. They see Dr. Roth, who is so good with them...I wish the assistants were just as friendly as he is. They are nice, but some of them are not very patient with the kids and this is a kids dentist office!
I was so impressed with how well Spencer and Addy did on their first visit and have done since, especially little Addy. She was the first 2 year old that they were able to clean all of their teeth (yes I am a proud mother). The only problem Spencer has had is not opening up his mouth wide enough or closing his mouth when it should be open, which I think can be a hard thing myself. Spencer is also more cautious and nervous during the visit where as Addy is completely relaxed.
The past 3 times we had been both kids were cavity free and the only "issue" was Spencer grinding his teeth (one tooth looks chipped, but has actually been ground down). So imagine my surprise when I took them in for their routine visit and Addy had a cavity. Spencer is my juice, candy, sippy cup for too long kid! I brush and floss (Yes, I floss their teeth better than my own) their teeth equally. So it would seem my poor milk drinking Addy has gotten her daddy's teeth. The only good thing that came out of that visit was Spencer has changed his future career from Super Hero to Dentist.
So this long, so exciting post, is to say how proud I am of my little girl. She went in today and without any gas got her cavity filled! She started to cry when they put the needle in, but once it was over acted like it was no big deal. I think she probably wouldn't have even cried at all if they hadn't had put it in so soon after the numbing gel. Don't dentists normally wait awhile for the numbing to set in before they put in the needle?
P.S. Spencer wants to be a Dentist now!
7 comments:
Ty had a cavity last summer but they let him have the gas- she is so brave! I'm glad it went well!
"Dr. Sant" sounds pretty good and Robyn would be so proud! Maybe she could be his office manager. :) Thank goodness for pediatric offices. They make the experience so much easier.
Addy is so brave :) That's funny that Spencer wants to be a dentist now.
I am so proud :)
What big kids!! I took Presley in and she FREAKED out and screamed bloody murder the WHOLE time! I was so surprised bc she NEVER acts like that! LOL I was seriously so embarrased! It is always sooo nice when kids cooperate! :) Way to go Addy! And cool SPencer wants to be a dentist!
They look so small in those big chair. I am glad they were good brave kids.
I don't like those pictures. Did I ever send you the picture of Allyson hooked up to all those tubes?
Post a Comment