The day of the party I had butterflies in my stomach, but It ended up going so smoothly, with Clif's help of course, and Spencer has a really great time.
When the kids first came they sat down and made a Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head. I had them sit in assigned seats (I know so schoolish of me), so that they would all have someone they knew sitting by them.
I thought that would take SO much time, boy was I wrong. Most of them finsihed in less than 5 minutes!
Here are some of the kids making their Potato Heads.
Here is an example of a Mrs. & Mr. Potato Head
Then we played pin the badge on Woody. I put their names on the badges and laminated them so they could take them home, but then I forgot to send them with their goodies. I also didn't get any pictures of them during the games. I was too busy making sure everything was runnnig smoothly. I think pin the badge on Woody would have been better if everyone could see (some of them put them in pretty funny places), but due to limited space that wasn't possible.My friend printed this picture out for me. I colored it, taped it together and the laminated it.
After all the kids had won their drinks, we turned on Toy Story 3 while they ate pizza, oranges, and cake. Spencer was a hoot during the part where Andy's dog rolls over Woody, he got all the kids laughing.
He had Toy Story napkins and plates.
Icecream cake with toy story candles.
Spencer blowing out his candles.
Then Spencer opened his gifts. This was probably my favorite part because all the kids were so sweet and excited to give him their gift. They all went home with a balloon, their toy story drink, and a toy story cup full of stickers, candy, and snacks!
2 comments:
You really know how to throw a kid's birthday party!! I'm impressed. AND you laminated everything. What a good mom you are :)
How schoolish of you, I love it. It probably made all the kids so comfortable to have someone they knew sitting by them. Very smart. What a fun party.
Post a Comment