I was so happy that this year we actually made it through all of Saturday morning session this year. We had to pause a lot, but we made it though. It was so nice to be able to listen to the talks and have the spirit in our home. We plan on watching one each week, from the ones we missed. (So far we aren't doing so good at this).
Then, thanks to my Aunt Sharon, Clif was able to take a friend and go to the priesthood session and we were able to go to the Sunday morning session. It was pouring down rain, we didn't know if we were going to make it, and we had to walk a long ways, but it was so worth it! I always find myself crying when the prophet walks in (the last time I went was when it was President Hinckley) , it is such an amazing experience! It is so nice to feel of his spirit and how truly close he is to our Savior. What a wonderful opportunity filled with many talks that I needed to hear.
5 comments:
yeah some updates:). you guys are so cute. love the pics. yes i am still in wa. we came for jon's brothers wedding and then i am staying until the 16th. jon just came for the weekend of halloween. i miss him so much we are leaving earlier than planned to go back. it has been so fun though. you look great!!
I'm so happy you got to go. I've never been to conference in person (at least I don't think I have... maybe once when I was younger... hmmm... I'll have to ask Mom about that...) and would love to have that experience.
How fun! I've only been to General Conference once and it was when President Hinckley was the prophet. I'm sure hearing President Monson in person was delightful. Where does your family live? You and your hubby are so cute by the way! Very photogenic couple :)
(Oh, and the Halloween party actually took place next door to our apartment...but same layout!)
I'm sure glad you have a testimony and wanted to go to Conference.
It's so hard to get anything out of conference when you have kids (church too, for that matter). I listen to it from the church's website while I make dinner because I don't catch a lot of it on tv. I'm happy you got to go. I thought I already commented on this, but obviously, I didn't.
Post a Comment